Updated 3/29/21. Thank you for praying!!
First, the praises!
- In spite of the restrictions imposed by the COVID outbreak, I've had the chance to meet some young Khmer women. This is an answer to prayer - both for the language practice and friendship!
- Between neighbors and co-workers, I have a supportive community. I'm so grateful!
Here are some ways you can pray:
- Please pray that the house church in Stung Meanchey will find a new gathering place in the next week. The current place has a leaky roof, and the lease ends soon.
- Please pray that I find creative, safe ways to connect with my Khmer friends. Khmer people are being very cautious in light of the COVID outbreak (a good thing!), but this makes meeting difficult. And many people have weak internet connections (myself included), so online calls drop constantly.
- Please pray for increased language comprehension.
- Another ongoing request: please pray that I would experience joy in the Lord's presence each day.
*** WHAT I'LL BE DOING IN CAMBODIA***
After serving as a Writer and Editor on the OMF (U.S.) Communications team for 8 years, I'm transitioning to a new position.
This new chapter will take me to Cambodia, where I will serve in a dual role: 1) I will write stories about God’s work to raise awareness for local needs, and 2) I will learn the Khmer language to build relationships and partner with discipleship efforts in the local church.
I've been drawn to Cambodia because of the stories of hope and healing I've heard from Cambodian Christians who suffered through the genocide or have lived with its fallout. The deadly regime brought devastation to every level of society, including the church.
But, despite pain and persecution, God is doing a work in this country. Cambodians who have found Christ testify to miraculous healing and an unimaginable hope. It's a hope that's spreading to their families and, I pray, will continue spreading throughout the entire nation.
I'm here to bear witness to God's love for this people, and to be part of his work in some small way.
If you'd like to learn more about what I'll be doing in Cambodia, I'd love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.