In January we suddenly realized with great immediacy the need for us to become mobile. You see, colleagues of ours, serving alongside us on tourist passes, were just informed that they could not stay any longer in country. We realized that we needed to view our hosting country as a hub city to connect with the work in other cities across Asia and not as a base to linger in.
What does that mean? We need to embrace a nomadic lifestyle for now. Take a peek into our calendar:
- February 15: fly from Ipoh, Malaysia to Singapore
- February 18: fly from Singapore to Manila, Philippines to explore archival work and learn about the ministries there
- February 23: return to Singapore
- February 25: collaborate with colleagues on next steps
- February 27: take a bus (coach) from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Twelve days, four times going through customs and immigration. Four times sleeping in new places, trying new foods, meeting new people, packing and unpacking. Our heavenly Father is growing our capacity to adapt and flex with change. All praise to Him.
We close this quick update with:
- birthday celebrations to our eldest daughter, who just turned 28
- some fun photos of our experiences
- prayers for continued good health and adaptability while learning to do our work wherever we serve
- thanksgiving for your sustaining prayers and the Lord's daily tender mercies